The Kinetico 13041 is used in K5 systems and is designed for the addition of magnesium and calcium to your water. This cartridge should be replaced each time your system’s MACguard post filter shuts down (approx 500 gallons).
The Kinetico 13041 K5 RO Mineral Plus Cartridge adds magnesium and calcium to your water.
NOTE: Using the incorrect replacement cartridge will affect your system’s contaminant reduction capabilities and could compromise structural integrity.
During the replacement procedure, be sure to have something available to catch accidental spills.
- Turn off the feed water to the unit. Shut off the valve on the storage tank by rotating the handle (if included). Open the drinking water tap to depressurize the system. All air/water flow must cease before continuing with Step 2. This may take several minutes.
- Disengage the cartridge by turning clockwise. Pull the cartridge down from the head. Discard the cartridge.
- Remove tamper-proof cap from the new cartridge by pulling the tear tab. Fill the cartridge with tap water to expel any air.
- Insert the cartridge into the head and rotate counterclockwise. Insert Mineral Plus Cartridge in Auxiliary Positions 1 or 2.
- Turn on the feed water. Open the valve on the storage tank (if included).
- Open the tap for approximately 15 minutes. It is necessary to rinse a minimum of two tank fills to purge air.
- Close the tap.
- Check for leaks.
- Replacement is complete.
There are no reviews yet.